Agent at club’s offices to ‘offer’ Leeds United star – Player would ‘gladly’ leave Whites to go there
Following the recent rumours about the future of Leeds United youngster Willy Gnonto, it seems something may be happening in Italy.
Outlet FC Inter News today features an exclusive story to say that Claudio Vigorelli, agent of the 19-year-old, is at Inter Milan’s headquarters.
It’s said the representative is at the office to ‘offer’ the Leeds United starlet to the Nerazzurri.
The report claims that Gnonto is ‘coming out’ of Leeds following their relegation to the Championship, and there’s even a ‘confirmed
availability’ from him, as it’s said he’d ‘gladly’ rejoin Inter Milan ‘through the front door’.
- Agent at club’s offices to ‘offer’ Leeds United star – Player would ‘gladly’ leave Whites to go there
- Club have ‘increased financial offer’ to Brentford player – Also ‘paying more’ than competition for trans
- “I will fulfil the contract” – Chelsea star makes promise and dismisses chances of summer departure
- Club have ‘agreed in principle’ with Southampton for transfer – Player agreement also in place
- Brazilian has ‘already started’ medical ahead of Chelsea move – 6-year contract ready to be signed
- The youngster was a product of the Nerazzurri’s youth ranks, and stayed there until 2020.He left for free when joining FC Zurich, where he spent two years until moving to Leeds on a €4.5m deal last summer. That’s why there’s always talk of his potential return to the Serie A side if they manage to find a landing spot for Joaquin Correa.
- We better recall that earlier this week, reports from the Italian media ignored Inter Milan’s interest in Gnonto, claiming it were Everton and Freiburg who made concrete moves for him.However, with his agent now seemingly offering him to the Nerazzurri, perhaps they can start to hope of his return there.
Leeds United battling PL club for Championship club’s Player of the Season
Leeds United are reportedly set to tussle with Burnley for the signing of QPR midfielder Sam Field this summer as the Whites look to overhaul their midfield.
There aren’t a shortage of positions where Leeds could feasibly be replacing a key player this summer with exits speculated frequently already.
The midfield looks to be a crucial area for Leeds to strengthen this summer as they look set to lose key players in the transfer market.
Sam Field to Leeds?
Football Insider are reporting that Leeds are interested in signing QPR midfielder Sam Field this summer, who looks to be in the final year of his contract, but the R’s have the option of an extra year in his contract.
Leeds aren’t the only side looking to poach the 25-year-old from Loftus Road this summer, with Vincent Kompany’s Burnley also cited with interest.
Both clubs are expected to approach QPR to “test their resolve to keep hold of the midfielder” over the course of the summer.
Who is Sam Field?
Predominantly a defensive midfielder, Field has proven to be a core part of Gareth Ainsworth’s side, as he helped them to scrape survival from relegation last season.
He notched two goals and two assists last season, including one as captain away to Burnley as they moved closer to survival with a win, the Clarets’ only home defeat in the league.
Field scooped up QPR’s Player of the Season award for his performances last season as he held down the middle of the park for Ainsworth’s men.
Largely, Field isn’t known for his quality in the final third, more so for his ability to break up play in the middle of the park.
According to FBref, Field is in the 90th percentile for interceptions, blocks, clearances, and aerial duels won when compared to other midfielders in the top eight divisions outside the ‘big five’.
The big updated Tyler Adams quiz – Can Leeds United fans score 20/20?
If Field is a target for Leeds, it’s either as cover or as a replacement for Tyler Adams.
The USMNT captain is sure to at least attract interest that Leeds might find hard to shake off in the coming months.
However, Adams’ profile won’t be that difficult to replace in the EFL, and someone like Field does a solid job of it.
We would be looking for a destroyer who is fairly capable on the ball, and Field could be that player.