Villa transfer news: Nottingham Forest ready to accept £40m-plus Johnson offer
Nottingham Forest could consider bids well in excess of £40million for academy product Brennan Johnson, sources have told Football Insider.
It is believed the Midlands giants want to keep the 22-year-old – but could consider a mammoth offer if the payment structure is right as they look to add more summer signings.
Football Insider revealed on Monday (31 July) that Brentford have seen two offers rejected by Nottingham Forest for long-term target Johnson this summer.
It is believed the Bees have tracked the Wales international for more than two years – and are expected to return with a further bid.
Meanwhile, a well-placed source has told Football Insider that Johnson is also a big target for Aston Villa – who have registered their interest in a possible move.
Everton and West Ham have also been linked with a move for the Wales international following his promising first Premier League campaign – while Tottenham have also been keeping tabs on his progress.
The 22-year-old signed a fresh four-year contract at the City Ground last year (2022), keeping him at the club until June 2026.
He helped Nottingham Forest to top-flight survival in the 2022-23 campaign, notching 10 goals and three assists in 44 games across all competitions.
The versatile forward, who came through the ranks at the City Ground, has made 105 senior appearances for the club – scoring 29 goals and registering 12 assists.
Johnson is almost certain to rake in a record fee if he is to leave Forest – with their previous landmark income coming in 2017 when Britt Assombalonga left for Middlesbrough.
In other news, Nottingham Forest open centre-back talks.