BREAKING NEWS:‘Discussions are being held’ – Bournemouth in talks for signing, club keen to sell player

Press conference: Andoni Iraola sits in for first media session ahead of  pre-season - YouTube

‘Discussions are being held’ – Bournemouth in talks for signing, club keen to sell player

Last week, we relayed news from Italy that AFC Bournemouth have joined Union Berlin and VfL Wolfsburg in the race to sign Inter Milan’s Robin Gosens

This is now backed up by another Italian outlet, Calciomercato.it, who provide an update.

With Bournemouth and the Bundesliga duo all chasing the 28-year-old, it’s claimed no club is in the lead at the moment.

The report further explains that ‘discussions are being held’ with the Cherries and the two German clubs over a potential deal for the left wing-back.

 

Robin Gosens - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt

It’s stated The Nerazzurri are looking to get rid of the Germany international permanently in this window, and if that’s not possible they are open to letting the player leave on loan with an obligation to buy.

Calciomercato.it say Simone Inzaghi’s side need at least €15m, in order to avoid incurring a loss from his sale. Union Berlin are unlikely to meet Inter’s demand while Bournemouth and Wolfsburg, who are hoping to get a discount, ‘could reach it’.

Gosens scored four goals from 49 games last season.

READ MORE: Crystal Palace has offered contract ‘outstanding’ free-agent as Zaha replacement

CRYSTAL PALACE TIPPED TO SIGN ‘OUTSTANDING’ FREE-AGENT AS ZAHA REPLACEMENT

Crystal Palace could do worse than to bring in Willian after a superb season at Premier League rivals Fulham if Wilfried Zaha leaves Selhurst Park this summer.

At least, that is the view of former England international Gabby Agbonlahor.

Officially, both Willian and Wilfried Zaha are now free-agents. The latter saw his Crystal Palace deal expire on Saturday, although The Eagles remain hopeful that an extension can be reached in the face of interest from Lazio, Fenerbahce and Saudi Arabia.

As things stand, the chances of Zaha returning to Palace for next season seem a damn sight higher than the chances of Willian donning the white of Fulham again.

The veteran winger was unhappy about Fulham’s offer of a one-year deal. He wants a contract until the summer of 2025; TEAMtalk reporting that Crystal Palace may be willing to offer the 34-year-old the chance to stay in his beloved London.

Crystal Palace could land former Fulham star Willian

“The way he played last season, he was sharp still,” former Aston Villa captain Agbonlahor tells talkSPORT (4 June, 9.40am).

“He didn’t look 34 years old. Every game he played, I thought he had a big impact.”

The ex-Chelsea star scored five goals and set up six more in the Premier League for Marco Silva’s side; putting that dismal Arsenal spell behind him while proving that he can still be relied upon to produce match-winning contributions at the very highest level.

“If I am a London club, I am going in for him,” Agbonlahor adds. “Because he’s come out and said that his family is happy in London. He loves it in England.

So if I am Crystal Palace – you know, losing Zaha – I would go in for him. Maybe he’s not the answer for every game but someone to fight for a place in the team, why not? Two-year deal at 34, he’s not going to lose it overnight. He was outstanding last season.”

Crystal Palace could reportedly opt for a man 15 years Willian’s junior if Zaha opts to embark upon a fresh start elsewhere. Sporting director Dougie Freedman, The Athletic says, recently made the 6,000 mile trip to watch Matheus Franca in action for Flamengo.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*